Accessibility informationGeneral accessibility information:
The following are excerpts from easyaccessaustralia.com.au: 'The InterContinental Sydney is a short stroll to the famous Opera House, Royal Botanic Gardens and Circular Quay. The building is a magnificent restoration of the sandstone Treasury Building of 1851. One of the access rooms overlooks the Royal Botanic Gardens and offers glimpses of the eastern Sydney Harbour!'
Transport and parking
- Ferries arrive at Circular Quay, taxis and buses.
- Parking is Valet with driveway access from Phillip St.
Main entry and foyer
- The design of the building offers three entries without the usual hotel grand formal entry.
- The main entry is from the vehicle driveway off Phillip St, where a ramped kerb leads to auto doors and reception.
- Reception desk 1.2m.
- Open area with circulation space and seating.
- A pedestrian friendly entry is from the corner of Bridge and Phillip Sts but there's a small step.
- A third level entry is from Macquarie St.
- It measures 950mm wide and is closed at night from 11pm.
- 24 hour access is provided via a swipe card/room card reader located at 1m from the footpath surface. There is also 24 hour security.
The Accessible Room
The Access Room measures 5.4m x 3.8m
- Door width 8102mm clear open width.
- Lever handle 1m above the floor.
- Swipe card entry.
- Automatic door return.
- Internal corridor width at its narrowest point 1.0m.
- King sized bed, height of the bed from top of mattress to floor 590mm.
- Limited space underneath the main bed.
- Distance from the foot of the bed to the desk 1.3m.
- Furniture can be removed.
- Lights and TV (remote) can be operated from bed.
- TV has Teletext capability.
- Airconditioning control height 1m.
- The tea/coffee making facilities can be reached.
- The view from the window comprises city buildings ‚Äì the historic Sydney Museum or Botanic Gardens/east Sydney Harbour.
The Accessible Bathroom
The Accessible Bathroom measures 2.3m x 2.1m
- Door width 860 mm, the door is a hinged in the centre and pivots open.
- Door furniture: Lever handle 1m.
- Basin height front edge to floor 790mm.
- Lever taps.
- Height (top of pan) 450mm.
- Front of bowl to back wall 800mm.
- Centreline of bowl to side wall 460mm.
- Toilet Grab rails height 800mm.
- Hand-held shower rose with Lever taps 1m
- Shower grab rails height 800mm.
- No Fold down shower seat 1m x 1020mm x 460mm.
- Note there is a metal strip on the shower floor to aid water retention, less than 1cm high.