Accessibility informationGeneral accessibility information:
The following are excerpts from easyaccessaustralia.com.au: 'The InterContinental Sydney is a short stroll to the famous Opera House, Royal Botanic Gardens and Circular Quay. The building is a magnificent restoration of the sandstone Treasury Building of 1851. One of the access rooms overlooks the Royal Botanic Gardens and offers glimpses of the eastern Sydney Harbour!'
Transport and parking
- Ferries arrive at Circular Quay, taxis and buses.
- Parking is Valet with driveway access from Phillip St.
Main entry and foyer
- The design of the building offers three entries without the usual hotel grand formal entry.
- The main entry is from the vehicle driveway off Phillip St, where a ramped kerb leads to auto doors and reception.
- Reception desk 1.2m.
- Open area with circulation space and seating.
- A pedestrian friendly entry is from the corner of Bridge and Phillip Sts but there's a small step.
- A third level entry is from Macquarie St.
- It measures 950mm wide and is closed at night from 11pm.
- 24 hour access is provided via a swipe card/room card reader located at 1m from the footpath surface. There is also 24 hour security.
The Accessible Room
The Access Room measures 5.4m x 3.8m
- Door width 8102mm clear open width.
- Lever handle 1m above the floor.
- Swipe card entry.
- Automatic door return.
- Internal corridor width at its narrowest point 1.0m.
- King sized bed, height of the bed from top of mattress to floor 590mm.
- Limited space underneath the main bed.
- Distance from the foot of the bed to the desk 1.3m.
- Furniture can be removed.
- Lights and TV (remote) can be operated from bed.
- TV has Teletext capability.
- Airconditioning control height 1m.
- The tea/coffee making facilities can be reached.
- The view from the window comprises city buildings ‚Äì the historic Sydney Museum or Botanic Gardens/east Sydney Harbour.
The Accessible Bathroom
The Accessible Bathroom measures 2.3m x 2.1m
- Door width 860 mm, the door is a hinged in the centre and pivots open.
- Door furniture: Lever handle 1m.
- Basin height front edge to floor 790mm.
- Lever taps.
- Height (top of pan) 450mm.
- Front of bowl to back wall 800mm.
- Centreline of bowl to side wall 460mm.
- Toilet Grab rails height 800mm.
- Hand-held shower rose with Lever taps 1m
- Shower grab rails height 800mm.
- No Fold down shower seat 1m x 1020mm x 460mm.
- Note there is a metal strip on the shower floor to aid water retention, less than 1cm high.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.