“Located an hour north of Brisbane on Queensland’s Sunshine Coast, Australia Zoo has a team of passionate conservationists working around-the-clock to deliver animal experiences like no other.
Steve and Terri Irwin’s vision has always been to make Australia Zoo the biggest and best wildlife conservation facility in the world. There is no zoo like Australia Zoo!”
Accessibility informationGeneral accessibility features:
General accessibility further information:
- Assistance animal welcome
- Disabled parking access
- Accessible public transport nearby
- Accessible toilets
Mobility accessibility features:
- Disability parking
- Guide/Service dogs are permitted with prior arrangement.
- Free admission for carers with government-issued companion cards who will be performing this role during their visit.
- 20% off admission for the holder of a business carer’s discount card.
Mobility accessibility further information:
- Wheelchair hire available
- Wheelchair accessible entrance
- Paths wide and not slippery
- Wide aisles and walkways
- Wheelchair hire ($20) – limited numbers, bookings essential
- Motorised scooter hire ($45) – limited numbers, bookings essential. Pensioner & disability discount available.
- Wheelchair accessible elevator
- Ramps, pathway and enclosures are designed to be accessible by most transport aids
- Designated wheelchairs access in the Mount Franklin Crocoseum
- Safari Shuttle and buses are wheelchair accessible
The following are excerpts from Havewheelchairwilltravel.net:
"Low fencing, glass enclosures and designated seating make the majority of the animals easy to view around the zoo.
Ramping makes access easy to elevated enclosures including the koalas.
Bindi’s Island tree house is only acccessible on the ground floor.
The Wildlife Hospital is accessible. Admission to the hospital is an additional charge to your entry ticket to the Zoo.
Designated seating is available for wheelchair and scooter users. It’s undercover which is fantastic for the midday show in the hotter months."Other accessibility information:
For further thoughts and information, read the full review at Havewheelchairwilltravel.net
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.