“The National Arboretum Canberra features 94 forests of rare, endangered and symbolic trees from around Australia and the world. Many of the trees are still young but two of the forests are over 100 hundred years old. Over 44,000 trees from over 100 countries are growing across the huge 250 hectare (618 acre) site, making it one of the world’s largest living collections of rare, endangered and significant trees.”
General accessibility features:
- The whole top tier of the sealed-surface main car park next to the Village Centre is designated disabled car parking spaces (36 car spaces). Cars displaying a valid disabled parking voucher park free-of-charge.
- Small, sealed-surface car parks are available at the Himalayan Cedar Forest and Dairy Farmers Hill. Parking is free of charge in these car parks. The Dairy Farmers Hill car park includes one designated disabled car parking space.
- Three disability car parking spaces are available at the Margaret Whitlam Pavilion for function guests only.
Mobility accessibility features:
- Disabled parking access
- Wheelchair hire available
- Paths wide and not slippery
Wheelchair and walking frame access
- Smooth pathway access is available to and throughout the Village Centre, the Margaret Whitlam Pavilion and the National Bonsai and Penjing Collection.
- Smooth pathway access is available from the main car park to the Village Centre main entrance, the north and south decks and around the access road to the Pod Playground.
- Smooth pathway access is available between the Village Centre and the Margaret Whitlam Pavilion.
- The Canberra Discovery Garden is wheelchair accessible via the south deck of the Village Centre.
- A wheelchair-accessible, sealed and graded gravel path leads from the Himalayan Cedar car park to the forest, barbeque and picnic deck and 'Wide Brown Land' outdoor sculpture.
- A wheelchair-accessible, sealed and graded gravel path leads from the Dairy Farmers Hill car park to the lookout and Nest III sculpture.
Free loan wheelchair
"Three wheelchairs are available for loan from the Village Centre and may be booked in advance by phoning 02 6207 8484 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org"
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.