From Royal Botanic Gardens Victoria:
“The award-winning Cranbourne Gardens are located a 45-minute drive from Melbourne’s CBD. Discover more than 170,000 individual Australian native plants from 1,700 different plant varieties in the 15-hectare Australian Garden or enjoy the self-guided walks and bicycle track in the surrounding 348 hectares of native bushland.”
All Abilities Access Key
"This tool allows visitors with people with limited abilities to make informed decisions about their visit to the Gardens.
It provides detailed information about parking, the gradient of paths and access.
It also highlights accessible toilets and services that the Gardens provides, such as electric scooters. The Cranbourne Access Key is available to download in either high contrast or large print formats."
- Accessible toilet facilities are located at the Visitor Centre, Northern Kiosk and the Rockpool Pavilion.
Australian Garden parking
- There is a drop-off bay behind the visitor centre for visitors who are unable navigate the gentle slope to the Visitor Centre.
General accessibility features:
- Accessible toilet facilities are available at the Stringybark Picnic Area and the Woodland Picnic Area.
Mobility accessibility features:
- Assistance animal welcome
- Disabled parking access
- Accessible toilet(s)
- Easy access to entry point(s)
- Accessible interior spaces
- A fully accessible toilet with adult hoist is located on the ground floor of the Visitor Centre.
- The Garden Explorer is a motorised people mover that circulates around the Australian Garden every 25 minutes. The Garden Explorer seats 23 people and has room for one standard wheel chair (with on ramp). Garden Explorer tickets are available at the Visitor Centre and from the Driver. $10 Adults/$8 Concession/Child.
- Non-motorised wheelchairs may be hired from the Visitor Centre upon payment of a refundable $50 deposit. To hire a wheelchair, contact +61 3 5990 2200.
- Visitors can book an electric scooter through the Visitor Centre. The Visitor Centre require a credit card imprint as a security deposit on arrival.
Users will be charged $8 for a two hour rental. An additional $17.50 will be charged for every hour or part thereof after the initial two hours. A charge of $50.00 will also be incurred if the key is not returned.
- The Australian Garden can be easily accessed from the Visitor Centre via a ramp or a lift operated by trained staff.
- All paths are either sealed or granitic gravel and are suitable for both non-motorised and electric wheelchairs.
- The gift shop, Boon Wurrung Café and the Visitor Centre are all accessible without the use of a ramp or lift.
Australian Garden parking
- The Australian Garden car park has parking bays for mobility impaired visitors.
- The Woodland Picnic Area is accessed from the main car park via a flat, 400m long, granitic gravel path that is suitable for wheelchairs with assistance.
- The Stringybark Picnic Area is accessed by vehicle and all paths are flat and suitable for wheelchair use with assistance.
- Trig Track is a steeper path with a gradient of approximately 1:11m. Trig Point Lookout is accessed by multiple steps and is not suitable for visitors with limited mobility.
- Assistance dogs are permitted throughout the Cranbourne Gardens.
Autism/Sensory accessibility information:
- Cranbourne Gardens' staff and volunteers have been trained by Vision Australia to deliver Audio Descriptor Tours. Tours can be booked at the Visitor Centre or on +61 3 5990 2245.
- Sensory and Inclusive programs are available for school groups.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.