“As Australia’s strategic high performance sport agency, the AIS is responsible for leading the delivery of Australia’s international sporting success.Throughout the year, the AIS also open its doors to over 200,000 visitors from around Australia and overseas.Only minutes from Canberra’s CBD and set amongst 65 hectares of campus-like grounds with plenty of free parking, the AIS offers an insight into Australia’s sporting past and a window into its’ future.”
General accessibility features:
- The AIS Shop, AIS café, AIS Aquatic and Fitness Centre, Ticketek and AIS Tours desk are all easily accessible.
- Assistance Animals are always welcome at the AIS when accompanied by their handler.
- Companion card holders and their attendant support person gain entry for the price of one ticket to paid tours and to the AIS Aquatic and Fitness Centre. Companion cards are accepted for ticketed events at the discretion of the event promoter. Please check when booking.
- All public areas at the AIS are accessible either by lifts, escalators, or walkway ramps.
- Accessible parking facilities are available close to the AIS' main entrances.
- The AIS has modern well equipped and accessible toilet and shower facilities as well as family change rooms available.
- The AIS can tailor services to best suit your needs and we encourage you to contact us to discuss your requirements before your visit. Advanced bookings are essential.
Mobility accessibility features:
- Assistance animal welcome
- Accessible toilet
Other accessibility information:
- Level or ramp access to front entrance
- Lift access to all levels
For further thoughts and information, read Havewheelchairwilltravel.net's review of the AIS
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.