City of Cockburn acknowledges the Nyungar people of Beeliar boodja. Long ago, now and in the future they care for country.
We acknowledge a continuing connection to land, waters and culture and pay our respects to the Elders, past, present and emerging.
Cockburn Nyungar moort Beeliar boodja-k kaadadjiny. Koora, yeyi, benang baalap nidja boodja-k kaaradjiny.
Ngalak kaadatj dayin boodja, kep wer malayin. Ngalak kaadatj koora koora wer yeyi ngalang birdiya.
“The Bibra Lake Regional Playground has something for everyone, from a double flying fox to water squirting bulrushes and giant talking rocks telling local Nyungar stories. Located near the beautiful Bibra Lake on Progress Drive, the 7,000m2 playground with abundant shade is open 7 days a week from 8.30am to 9pm, all year round.
The playground was designed to introduce children of all ages, abilities and disabilities to the natural environment through play. Its features and designs draw on local wildlife and fauna, and aboriginal heritage resulting in a unique and local way of learning, exploring and playing.”
The playground has been designed to be fully accessible to parents and children with a disability. Some of the key features are listed below:
General accessibility features:
- Perimeter fence and pool fence gates - wheelchair accessible with latches allowing wheelchair users access in an out
- Changing places facility- tracking hoists, height adjustable adult sized changing bench, automatic doors and enough space for two carers
- Sound and water play for the visually impaired
- Barbecues – 1st wheelchair accessible BBQs in Australia. Buttons designed for those with limited use of their fingers or visually impaired
- Supportive seating on swings, the flying fox, and seesaws
- Ability to lie on swings – encourages inclusive play with everyone
- Ramps and rubber paths - wheelchair accessible
- Disabled parking bays
- A bus parking bay for group visits.
Mobility accessibility features:
- Disabled parking access
- Level or ramp access to front entrance
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.