“Sheraton Universal Hotel offers an ideal location by the highway, next to the entrance to Universal Studios Hollywood. Use the metro stop to easily reach other Los Angeles attractions, including the Walk of Fame, the Hollywood Bowl and Grauman’s Chinese Theatre.”
Accessibility informationGeneral accessibility features:
General accessibility information:
- Assistance animal welcome
- Disabled parking access
Accessible Areas with Accessible Routes from Public Entrance
- Business Center
- Fitness Center
- Meeting spaces and ballrooms
- Registration desk
Accessible Hotel Features
- Accessible Self-parking
- Self-parking facility, van-accessible spaces
- Self-parking, accessible spaces
- Service animals are welcome
- Pool accessible
Guest Room Accessibility
Mobility accessibility features:
- Accessible guest rooms with 32” wide doorways
- Accessible route from public entrance to accessible guest rooms
- Bathroom grab bars
- Bathtub grab bars
- Bathtub seat
- Deadbolt locks, lowered
- Door night guards, lowered
- Doors with lever handles
- Electrical outlets, lowered
- Hearing accessible rooms and/or kits
- No transfer showers available
- Roll-in shower
- Shower wand, adjustable
- TTY/TTD available
- TV with close-captioning
- Toilet seat at wheelchair height
- Viewports, lowered
- Wheelchair accessible rooms
- Lift access to all levels
- Shower - accessible shower
- Toilet - accessible grab rails
The following are excerpts from Havewheelchairwilltravel.net:
"The hotel is wheelchair friendly in all main areas.
The executive suite had so much room it was wonderful for our huge amount of luggage and for storing the wheelchair.
If you are booking a regular room or suite and have any mobility restrictions, or difficulties walking long distances, I suggest requesting a room close to all amenities."
"The accessible room has all facilities at a lowered height.
The room was not huge but there was sufficient room on either side of the bed to transfer from a wheelchair."
"The accessible bathroom has grab rails throughout, wheelchair access under the sink and lever taps.
Although not an over-sized bathroom there is circulation space for manoeuvring a wheelchair.
The shower is roll-in with grab rails and a height adjustable hand-held shower."Hearing accessibility features:
- Welcomes calls from TTY devices