From the QT Canberra website:The perfect nights rest for movers, shakers, and policy makers. Our 205 Canberra Accommodation guest suites are kitted out with designer décor, free WiFi access and all the business savvy mod cons we know you need to get the job done.
Some images for this listings were created with financial support from the ACT Government through the “Canberra: more than Inclusive, more than accessible” campaign.
Credits: Mode Imagery.
Accessibility informationGeneral accessibility information:
Bookings can be made online, by email or by phone. All staff are knowledgeable about the accessible rooms and features of the hotel and are able to answer queries promptly. The hotel cannot receive calls from TTY devices but text-based communication is available.
Arrival and Check-in
QT Canberra has two disabled parking spaces, one next to the front entrance and the other in the basement carpark. There is a safe drop off zone at the front entrance and there is unobstructed and level/ramp access to the front entrance from parking spaces and other points of arrival. There is also accessible public transport nearby.
The entrance has a level threshold and automatic doors and there is also a call bell if assistance is required. The reception desk has clear lines of sight to the entry and lobby so staff are aware when guests may require assistance. Staff have received training to assist guests who have accessibility needs and accessible payment options are available (Eftpos machine with tactile indicators, Tap and Go and online payment)
Common areas and Lifts
There is step-free access throughout the common areas, wide walkways and lift or ramp access to all levels of the hotel. There are also accessible toilet facilities that can be accessed from the common areas. Lifts have tactile buttons but are not audio enabled. Light levels are sufficiently bright or can be raised, to enable guests with low vision to discern visual information more easily and changes in level are indicated with textured flooring or contrasting surface colour.
Information, Signage and Menus
All hard copy hotel information and menus are available in large print as well as online. Signage and information is written in easy read format.
Capital Bar and Grill
The restaurant has a level entry. Tables are standard height with sufficient clearance underneath for wheelchair seating and chairs are removable. Table service is available.
Seeing eye dogs and assistance dogs are welcome at the hotel and staff can advise of location of water and toileting area.
There is step free access to all conference areas except for one.
Wheelchair Accessible King Rooms
- The two wheelchair accessible King rooms have zip beds that can be configured as twin singles and there is room on one side of the bed for wheelchair transfers but no clearance under bed to accommodate a hoist.
- The bed height is 63cm.
- Telephone, light switches, heating and cooling controls, power points, wardrobe/hanging space, fridge, kettle and other appliances are accessible from a wheelchair and there are light switches and power points accessible from the bed.
- A hoist is available and the hotel can facilitate the hire of other mobility equipment from a local supplier.
- Room service is available.
- There are grab rails and min 900mm free space adjacent to toilet for wheelchair transfers and toilet flush can be reached from a wheelchair. A commode chair is available if required.
- The hand basin has lever taps and there is room under the basin for a wheelchair. The mirror can be viewed from a seated position.
- There is a roll-in shower with grab rails, adjustable handheld shower head and mixer tap. A portable shower chair is available and all fittings can be reached from the chair.
Room Accessibility features for guests with vision impairment
- Rooms open with an insert card which has an indent or other marking to distinguish the top of the card from the bottom.
- The in-room phone has tactile numbers.
- The room service menu is available in large print and online.
- Furniture can be moved to reduce obstructions.
- The hotel can provide bedding and food and water bowls for seeing eye dogs on request.
- Toiletries are labelled in large print or different colours.
- Toiletries, tea and coffee sachets, milk and other consumables are placed on contrasting backgrounds to make them more visible.
- Room service and a la carte breakfast with table service are available