From the Giorgia Aquarium website: Don’t miss your chance to visit one of the world’s largest aquariums. With everything from belugas and whale sharks to puffins and penguins, there’s no better way to witness marine life on land.
Accessibility informationGeneral accessibility further information:
From www.georgiaaquarium.org: Wheelchairs are available free of charge with a picture ID at the Main Entrance and Information Desk. Golf carts are available to transport guests to and from the Aquarium's parking deck. When parking in the Aquarium's parking deck, you will find accessibility parking available from levels 2 through 5. For Guests with Mobility Impairments
- The touch pool at the exit of the Cold Water Quest gallery has a special wheelchair access entry. A Georgia Aquarium staff member will provide guests in wheelchairs with a personal experience touching animals in this pool.
- Look for wheelchair emblems on the floor at designated exhibits for unblocked access to exhibit windows.
- Handicapped parking is available on level 2 through level 5 of the parking garage deck near the elevators. We offer limited spaces to accommodate oversized vehicle (vehicles up to 8 feet, 2 inches) parking available on the first floor.
For Guests with Visual Impairments
- The touch pool at the exit of the Cold Water Quest gallery has a special wheelchair access entry. An Aquarium staff member will provide guests with visual impairments with a personal experience touching animals in this pool.
- Check with a staff member for realistic three dimensional representations of animals found in each of our galleries.
- Tactile elements have been added at the education stations in each gallery.
- An audio exhibit about beluga whales has been added to the Cold Water Quest gallery.
- Staff members are located throughout the galleries to give detailed descriptions of the exhibits.
- Tactile wood carvings are available throughout the River Scout gallery to touch
For Guests with Hearing Impairments A visual script of our cell phone and iPod tours is available at the Information Desk. Journey with the Gentle Giants Snorkel and SCUBA Dive with Whale Sharks The entire Dive Immersion Team is certified by the Handicapped Scuba Association as either Divemasters or Instructors. Anyone with or without disabilities who is a certified open water diver is invited to purchase the SCUBA dive, and anyone with or without disabilities desiring to snorkel is invited to purchase the snorkel option. Note: Changing areas have limited accommodations. Please let us know in advance if you have specific needs or if you use mobility equipment.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.