“Spirit of Tasmania is one of Australia’s most iconic travel experiences, operating sailings across Bass Strait between Melbourne and Devonport on Tasmania’s north coast.
Spirit of Tasmania provides flexibility and convenience when planning a holiday. Departing both ports nightly as well as operating day sailings during peak periods. We’re not just a ferry from Melbourne to Tasmania and back, we’ve got all your accommodation needs covered too.”
"Passengers with special needs must notify us at the time of booking and during check-in so that we can assist you."
"Assistance animals must be trained and accredited by an approved organisation (including that the animal has passed the Public Access Test). Assistance animals fall into three categories:
- guide dogs – dogs that assist a person to alleviate the effects of a vision impairment
- hearing dogs – dogs that assist a person to alleviate the effects of a hearing impairment
- other assistance animals – animals that assist a person to overcome the effects of a diagnosed disability other than a vision or hearing impairment.
Upon boarding, the Assistance animal will be assessed by onboard personnel to ensure it meets standards of hygiene and behaviour that are appropriate for an animal in a public place."General accessibility features:
Mobility accessibility features:
- Wheelchair accessible rooms
- Assistance animal welcome
- Accessible toilet(s)
Mobility accessibility further information:
- Toilet - accessible grab rails
Accessible Facilities and Services:
- A People Mover to assist mobility impaired passengers to embark and disembark
- Two Wheelchair Accessible Cabins with bathroom aids including hand rails and shower seats
- Two Wheelchair Accessible Recliners. Both are close to Accessible Toilets and within reach of emergency alarm/call buttons. (Note: Recliner Lounge entry 930mm wide)
- Accessible Toilets on Deck 7 and 10. (Note: Toilet entry 880mm wide)
- Please note, corridors in the cabin accommodation are 900mm wide, vehicle deck entry ways are 890mm and Orange lift ramps are 800mm wide (Lifts open to 980mm wide).
- No hoist is available on board, but passengers may provide their own hoist if required.
"All Guide Dogs must be registered in accordance with the Guide Dog Act by an authorised training organisation. The registration number is required at time of booking, if the dog is travelling in passenger areas."
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.