“With emerald springs feeding the Wekiwa River and lush tropical hammocks, this unique park just minutes from Downtown Orlando is perfect for observing abundant wildlife or cooling off on a summer day.
Orange County’s longest-running tourist attraction, the azure waters of Wekiwa Springs have been a popular leisure retreat. From the dense, almost tropical hammocks near where the springs feed into the Wekiva River to the scenic sandhill uplands, the park is rife with opportunities to see many kinds of animals.”
"Wekiwa Springs State Park is committed to providing accessible amenities to all our visitors. The amenities offered are:
- Chair lift for spring entry
- Ramp for spring entry
- Accessible campsites (4)
- Accessible camp sites can be requested at the time of reservation. Two accessible restrooms with showers are located in the camping area.
The Nature Center is ADA accessible.
Service animals are allowed in all areas of the park."
"All restrooms are accessible to those with disabilities that fall under the Americans with Disability Act (ADA) either by sidewalk or boardwalk.
- The family campground contains restroom and shower facilities in each campground loop. These are ADA accessible. Sand Lake has an ADA accessible restroom facility."
Meetings and Retreats
"The recreation hall and dining hall of our youth camp can be rented individually on a daily basis by any group when the full youth camp is not in use. Both buildings can accommodate up to 150 people and have full restroom facilities and ADA accessibility."
"There are two pavilions available for group activities such as family outings and company picnics. There is electricity, water, a double charcoal grill and picnic tables in each pavilion. The Live Oak pavilion is ADA accessible and is located near the playground."General accessibility features:
Mobility accessibility features:
- Accessible toilet(s)
- Attractions are within reach and in view of people in wheelchairs or short stature
- Paths wide and not slippery
- Alternative access arrangements (if necessary)
- Tables have sufficient clearance for wheelchair seating
"A swim lift is now available at the water’s edge. A swim lift is available for visitors who may have difficulties using the steps to enter and enjoy the spring water. The lift is intended to enable visitors who need assistance entering and exiting the spring water."
- The lift is hydraulically powered and rated for use by people weighing up to 400 pounds to use themselves or with the assistance of a companion.
- The seat may remain in the water until the user is ready to get out of the spring.
- If you would like the assistance of the swim lift to enter the water, please notify park staff as you enter the park or once you are in the park so that we may turn on the device and make it available to you.
"There are several trails available at Wekiwa Springs State Park, ranging in length from 0.8 to 13.5 miles. The shortest trail has a boardwalk with a view of the beauty of a river hammock. The boardwalk portion of this trail meets ADA standards."Vision accessibility features:
- Assistance animal welcome
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.