“Visit Yellowstone and experience the world’s first national park. Marvel at a volcano’s hidden power rising up in colorful hot springs, mudpots, and geysers. Explore mountains, forests, and lakes to watch wildlife and witness the drama of the natural world unfold. Discover the history that led to the conservation of our national treasures “for the benefit and enjoyment of the people.”
"Qualified service animals assisting people with disabilities are allowed and must be leashed.
Companion dogs that are “therapy animals” are not allowed in buildings, the backcountry, on nature trails, or on boardwalks."
Designated Accessible Parking
"Accessible parking is designated in all major areas and at some overlooks, outdoor exhibits, and picnic areas."
"Accessible restrooms with sinks and flush toilets are located at all major areas except West Thumb. Accessible vault toilets are found at some scenic overlooks, picnic areas, and campgrounds. Accessible vault toilets are located just inside the East and South entrances, and on the right side before the West Entrance gate."
"Accessible showers are available at Grant Village Campground and the Old Faithful Inn."General accessibility features:
Mobility accessibility features:
- Assistance animal welcome
- Disabled parking access
- Accessible toilet(s)
- Wheelchair hire available
- Accessible interior spaces
"Accessible ATMs are available in the major areas.
Bridge Bay Marina and Grant Village have accessible boating facilities.
All campgrounds have at least one wheelchair-accessible site except for Fishing Bridge RV Park. Two backcountry campsites are maintained to accommodate wheelchair users.
There are many accessible roadside exhibits and viewpoints.
An accessible fishing site exists on the Madison River.
Accessibility at picnic areas is improving.
The Mammoth, Old Faithful, and Grant post offices are accessible (the Mammoth Post Office is open year-round)."
"Yellowstone has nine visitor centers and information stations. The visitor centers at Canyon Village, Old Faithful, Mammoth Hot Springs (Albright), Grant, West Thumb, and West Yellowstone are accessible. The Fishing Bridge visitor center is partially accessible. Visitors at the Norris and Madison visitor centers may require assistance."
"Manual wheelchairs are available for loan at Old Faithful, Canyon, Mammoth (Albright), Grant, Fishing Bridge and Norris visitor centers, and all lodging facilities, except Roosevelt Lodge, while staying in those areas. Wheelchairs can be rented, on a first-come basis, at medical clinics."
Motorized Personal Vehicles
"Motorized wheelchairs and scooters that are designed solely for use by a person with a mobility impairment are allowed."Hearing accessibility features:
- Welcomes calls from TTY devices
- Sign language assistance or interpretation services
Sign Language Interpreters
"Available for ranger programs with three weeks notice. Call 307-344-2251 or TTY 307-344-2386."
Public TTY Service: 307-344-2386
"Information is available through TTY regarding accessibility for wheelchairs and other mobility needs. There is also some information about audio and visual aids."
Vision accessibility features:
- "The films shown at Canyon, Old Faithful, and Grant visitor centers are captioned. Films shown in other visitor center theaters meet some accessibility needs.
- The Albright Visitor Center at Mammoth Hot Springs has open captioning on silent videos associated with displays and tactile exhibits."
- Audible or braille signage
- Audio description services
- "Download audio description for the Official Yellowstone Map & Guide.
- Tour of the Albright Visitor Center at Mammoth Hot Springs.
- In the NPS Yellowstone app, find the Fort Yellowstone National Historic Landmark District and Forces of the Northern Range self-guiding trails.
- Films at the Canyon and Old Faithful visitor centers.
- The UniDescription App audio describes many National Park Service official map and guide publications, including Yellowstone's."
Large Print & Braille
"Large print and braille versions of the official Yellowstone Map & Guide are available at visitor centers, or download a copy in a Braille Ready Format (BRF)."
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.