“Collaroy Beach is a surf beach that adjoins Narrabeen Beach forming a long stretch of coast. Collaroy Beach also forms part of an accessibility precinct that includes an all-abilities playground and access to a FreeWheeler which provides wheelchair access onto the sand and the surf.”
"Collaroy Beach Accessibility Precinct contains fun facilities for everyone, including people with mobility issues.
- Liberty Swing for wheelchair users (use an MLAK key)
- FreeWheeler and submersible wheelchair
- All-inclusive accessible carousel
- Sensory elements - carved sandstone structures and musical elements
- Interactive water play area
- Wheelchair accessible picnic settings
- Wider parking spaces near the enclosed children’s playground
- Accessible toilet (use an MLAK key)
- Wheelchair-accessible bus on Pittwater Road
Your own MLAK key can open the Liberty Swing and the accessible toilet at any time, or you can borrow one from the lifeguard."General accessibility features:
Mobility accessibility features:
- Disabled parking access
- Accessible toilet(s)
- Wheelchair hire available
The following are excerpts from Havewheelchairwilltravel.net:
"There are two FreeWheeler beach wheelchairs available to use here. When the beach is patrolled the life guards will get the chairs for you but outside of hours you can arrange to loan the chair through Warringah Council
Collaroy also has an ocean pool with ramp access. There is a pool wheelchair which can be borrowed from the life guards at the beach."
"An adult-size change facility with hoist at Collaroy Beach will help those who need it when visiting the Northern Beaches.
The bathroom facility has a height adjustable shower head with flip-down shower seat as well as grab rails throughout. Please note, you need to have your own sling to use with the hoist."Other accessibility information:
For further thoughts and information, read the full review at Havewheelchairwilltravel.net
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.