“Explore the caves at this natural beach location. Caves Beach is also home to the Caves Beach Surf Life Saving Club.”
- Toilets including accessible family room
- Accessible barbecue and tables
- Function room for hire - wheelchair accessible and accessible toilet
- Beach wheelchairs available for use during beach patrol season
- Accredited Changing Place (MLAK) available in the amenities in the reserve near Caves Beach Surf Life Saving Club, including a hoist, adult change table, accessible toilet and shower
- Accessible parking
The following are excerpts from Havewheelchairwilltravel.net:
"There are few caves which can be accessed by a wheelchair user. On our first visit we expected to find one cave on the beach but Caves Beach has a series of caves to explore. Not all fit BJ’s beach wheelchair but we had plenty to choose from.
The access does vary as a couple of weeks later there were more exposed rocks which would have made it difficult to get around with BJ’s beach wheelchair.
Caves Beach has disabled parking beside Stuart Chalmers Park.
A MLAK key locked disabled bathroom is available at Stuart Chalmers Park.
The Caves Beach Surf Lifesaving Club has a Sandcruiser beach wheelchair (same as BJ’s chair) available for use during the life guard season."Other accessibility information:
Accessible Facilities at www.lakemac.com.au (under "Caves Beach")
For further thoughts and information, read the full review at Havewheelchairwilltravel.net (under "Caves Beach")
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.