From accessible beaches.com:
- "Accessible beach matting reaches the hard sand and is suitable for all manual & electric wheelchairs, prams and walking frames
- "Loan of Mobi-Chair floating wheelchair, free of charge
- "Loan of Hippocampe beach wheelchair, free of charge
- "Accessible bathroom facility within SLSC
- "National case study for beach accessibility standards"
LOCATION FACILITIES AND OPERATING SEASON
- "Standard operating dates? 1 December to 29 April
- "Standard matting hours? SAT only - 9:00AM to 12:00PM
- "Accessible bathroom? Yes (in SLSC)
- "Accessible shower? Unknown
- "Accessible change room? Unknown
- "Accessible parking? Yes (multiple zones)
- "Lead up pathways? Excellent
- "Hoist available? BYO
- "Retail within 150m? Food & drink, shopping, ice cream"
HOW TO BOOK A BEACH WHEELCHAIR
"Available for free hire on a booking basis, the Burleigh Heads Mowbray Park Surf Life Saving Club offers a Mobi-Chair floating beach wheelchair and a Hippocampe beach wheelchair.
- "Available for use free of charge during operating months
- "Both chair types require assistance & supervision
- "Bookings required - visit https://goo.gl/WS7jbK for details"
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.