“Stonehenge – a World Heritage Site and the best-known prehistoric monument in Europe.
Explore the ancient landscape on foot and step inside the Neolithic Houses to discover the tools and objects of everyday Neolithic life. Visit the world-class exhibition and visitor centre with 250 ancient objects and come face to face with a 5,500 year-old man.”
Accessibility InformationMobility Information:
- The main areas - in and around the car park, visitor centre and the Stone Circle - are accessible by wheelchair via tarmac and grass paths (subject to weather). However, there are no paths in the wider grass landscape.
- The visitor shuttle service is accessible for wheelchairs and access onto the shuttle service is step-free.
- There are accessible toilets at the visitor centre, including an adult changing area, and an accessible emergency-only toilet close to the Stones.
- Audio descriptive tour (subject to availability).
- Large print guides, orientation leaflets and exhibition highlight tours.
- Tactile objects in the internal exhibition and touching stones in the external exhibition.
- All audio tours for the Stones last approximately 30 minutes.
- Audio tours for the exhibition last approximately 15 minutes.
- Transcripts of audio tours are available and are compatible with many hearing aids.
- Induction loop available.
- The English Language version of the audio tour covers the Stones only. All other versions of the tour cover the exhibition area and the Stones.
- Easy Read guides are available on request.