“Discover the secrets hidden beneath the streets of Westminster in the underground nerve centre where Winston Churchill and his inner circle directed the Second World War.”
Accessibility InformationGeneral accessibility features:
Mobility accessibility features:
- Assistance animal welcome
- Lift access to all levels
- Level flooring throughout
- Wheelchair hire available
- Accessible toilet
"If you have mobility issues we recommend you make your way to our front entrance via Birdcage Walk by St James Park. Once inside, the historic Churchill War Rooms is wheelchair accessible throughout.
We hope the facilities we have introduced enhance your visit. These include:
- Two wheelchairs are available on site for people that may need assistance during their visit (subject to availability). Churchill War Rooms is wheelchair accessible throughout, however, please note the narrowest corridor is 68cm, and the tightest corner is 90 degrees.
- Step-free access from our front entrance is via Birdcage Walk by St James Park.
- A lift to the historic rooms is available for wheelchair users and those with mobility issues.
Vision accessibility features:
- Accessible toilet facilities are available at basement level.
- Large print or high contrast menus and other signage
- A warm welcome to Guide dogs and registered assistance dogs. Water bowls can be provided at the café.
Hearing accessibility features:
- A large print transcript of audio guide content is available from the audio-guide desk (subject to availability).
- Hearing loop or infrared assisted listening system
- The free hand-held audio guide is available with earpiece for hearing-impaired and those with mobility issues. Visitors can also use their own headphones (standard 3.5mm headphone jack)
Autism/Sensory accessibility information:
- Subtitles are shown on most audio-visual presentations.
- Please keep in mind, Churchill War Rooms can be busy at the weekend and during school holidays and may be unsuitable for those who do not like crowds.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.