“Welcome to the Museo del Prado, an institution dating back almost 200 years and one whose origins and unique nature are largely due to the collecting tastes of Spain’s 16th- and 17th-century monarchs.
Rather than aiming at comprehensiveness, collectors aimed to assemble as many works as possible by their favourite artists. This explains why the Prado has been described as a museum of painters not of paintings, given that its artists are represented in a superlative manner with, for example, the largest holdings of Bosch, Titian, El Greco, Rubens, Velázquez and Goya, some numbering more than 100 works.”
Mobility accessibility features:
- Development of the El Prado education programme for everyone with specific, teaching and artistic creation activities, for visitors with physical, sensory and intellectual disabilities
- Wheelchair hire available
- Accessible toilet
Hearing accessibility features:
- The tour around the Museum is adapted for people with physical impairments, with the exception of certain areas connected to the Villanueva building that make adaptation difficult due to their design features. Solutions are currently being analysed.
- The Museum has adapted toilets available
- A free loan service for wheelchairs and walking sticks is available in the Locker area
- Hearing loop or infrared assisted listening system
- Sign language assistance or interpretation services
Autism/Sensory accessibility information:
- A sign guides and audio guides service with hearing loops for people with hearing impairments
- Personalised Spanish sign language assistance at the tick offices and information points
- A hearing loop in the Auditorium
- Spanish sign language interpreters in determined activities within the education area (conferences, key activities, education programmes, visits-workshops for families, El Prado for the young, etc.)
- Sound amplifiers for people with hyperacusis in the programmed activities inside the exhibition rooms
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.